The World Bank Loker Social Protection Specialist November 2015
Social Protection Specialist The World Bank
The World Bank memberikan persyaratan, ketentuan dan spesifikasi pekerjaan sebagai Social Protection Specialist yang akan ditempatkan di Jakarta
Dibawah ini rincian lengkap persyaratan, spesifikasi lowongan pekerjaan, jadwal wawancara dan alamat serta kontak (email / nomor telepon) perusahaan pembuka Lowongan.
The World Bank
Thu, 22 Oct 2015 23:51:34 GMT
Established in 1944, the World Bank Group is one of the world’s largest sources of funding and knowledge for development solutions. In fiscal year 2014, the WBG committed $65.6 billion in loans, grants, equity investments and guarantees to its members and private businesses, of which $22.2 billion was concessional finance to its poorest members. It is governed by 188 member countries and delivers services out of 120 offices with nearly 15,000 staff located globally.
The Social Protection & Labor Global Practice delivers operational approaches and evidence-based solutions to help individuals and families manage risk, cope with chronic/transitional poverty, and access better livelihoods and jobs. These include:
• Strategy, analysis, financing and design of programs delivering social safety nets/social assistance in the form of cash transfers, public works programs, and fee waivers.
• Advisory and analytical services on design and delivery of contributory transfers (including old-age pensions, unemployment insurance, disability and survivor benefits), and their fiscal sustainability (including budget support for transitions).
• Analysis, design and delivery of labor market and youth employment programs (with a focus on supply side interventions and intermediation policies), as well as policy advice on labor market regulations and interventions.
• Strategy, analysis, financing and design of integrated social protection delivery systems (e.g., payments, identification, registries, systems assessments) as underpinnings of effective social programs that can help cope with climatic shocks or underpin fiscal reforms.
World Bank’s Indonesia program is one of its largest in the world with activities that include an active program of engagement with central economic ministries, community driven development, education and infrastructure. Lending is currently around US$2 billion a year distributed over a broad mix of program, sector and investment loans. In addition there are a large number of Trust Funds to support work in a range of sectors including education, investment, poverty and social protection.
The Social Protection & Labor and the Poverty program work closely together in Indonesia. Together, the program is one of the World Bank’s largest poverty and social protection country-level engagements. Supported by a multi-year, multi-million dollar trust fund, the program aims to: (i) provide analytics and build analytical capacity to inform poverty and social protection policies, programs and strategies; (ii) support the government in the design, implementation and evaluation of key poverty and social protection programs; and, (iii) improve the quality and accessibility of data required for poverty analysis and policymaking. In the area of social protection, the World Bank advises on social protection solutions, ranging from social assistance and safety nets to social insurance and social security. In social assistance the focus is on developing, reforming, and strengthening key programs such as cash transfer, subsidy, activation and other safety net programs as well as strengthening of key associated social assistance systems such as targeting, identification and enrollment, payments, grievance redress, and family development programs. In social insurance the focus is on informing social security policies programs and strategies and supporting the design and implementation of key social security programs. There is a strong focus in our social protection engagement on empirically based analytics and policy advice, as well as program monitoring and evaluation and a focus on strengthening program governance, oversight and supervision to ensure sustainability.
Note: If the selected candidate is a current Bank Group staff member with a Regular or Open-Ended appointment, s/he will retain his/her Regular or Open-Ended appointment. All others will be offered a 2 year term appointment.
Duties and Accountabilities:
The Social Protection Specialist will work as a part of the Social Protection and Labor team at the World Bank Office Jakarta. The primary objective of the Specialist is to play a leading role in strengthening the way in which specific social assistance programs are delivered through a combination of analytical work, technical assistance, and close coordination and capacity building with government counterparts.
The incumbent will report to the Manager of Social Protection and Labor Global Practice (East Asia and Pacific) and work closely with Social Protection and Labor GP TTLs. The position will involve frequent interaction with government counterparts, universities, research think-tanks, other donor agencies, and counterparts within and across the World Bank, both in Indonesia as well as other countries.
Duties and Accountabilities:
• Lead and support technical assistance to the government on the reform of various poverty and social protection programs with a focus on improving program delivery and introduction innovations to improve social protection delivery and effectiveness.
• Contribute to analytical and advisory activities (AAA) in the area of social protection and labor.
• Contribute to preparation and implementation support to projects in the areas of social assistance and labor
• Work with World Bank Group colleagues, across GPs, to develop holistic WBG solutions to the challenge of addressing household level vulnerability.
• Play a leading role in the interpretation of analytical findings and formulation of key messages from research findings, supporting the articulation of policy recommendations based on analytical inputs;
• Play an active role in the planning and implementation of dissemination strategies to promote policy uptake of evidence-based recommendations.
• Liaise with global experts and access knowledge-sharing portals to collect and collate international experiences on poverty reduction and social protection systems, and adapt learning to the needs of government counterparts in Indonesia;
• Provide high quality policy advice as required in response to on-demand analytical requests from the Government of Indonesia, development partners, and from within the Bank;
Provide support and assistance for the institutionalization and integration of monitoring and evaluation efforts in the poverty and social protection sectors;
• Liaise across the World Bank’s Global Practices and external agencies to support coordination on joint analytical activities and efforts to strengthen program delivery.
• Contribute to the global knowledge base of the Social Protection & Labor GP.
The World Bank Group is committed to achieving diversity in terms of gender, nationality, culture and educational background. Individuals with disabilities are equally encouraged to apply. All applications will be treated in the strictest confidentiality.
This position requires an individual with maturity, good judgment and the ability to work well with teams within the Bank and with senior government officials. The successful applicant for the Social Protection Specialist position will meet the following qualifications:
Master’s degree in public policy, economics, or related sector (development economics, political science, sociology) with at least 5 years of experience in areas related to poverty reduction, labor markets, and/or social protection.
Demonstrated experience in leading analytical and technical assistance activities designed to support the development and strengthening of social protection programs.
Strong analytical skills (quantitative and qualitative) and proven ability to conduct independent policy-relevant research, translate theory into practical applications, and adapt professional knowledge and technical skills to analyze, diagnose and propose solutions to policy issues and challenges. Proficiency in programming in STATA preferred, and readiness to learn other software packages upon request.
Demonstrated skills in effective knowledge transfer and capacity building
Strong engagement skills with counterparts; client focused with an ability to provide prompt and high quality responses.
Excellent interpersonal skills, with proven ability to work in a team and intercultural environment, with minimal supervision.
Demonstrated high quality of written and verbal communication skills in English.
Demonstrated ability to deliver on analysis of topics directly related to social protection, labor and poverty and generate a range of engagement products (presentations, policy briefs, memos, etc).
Ability to convey analysis in easily communicable and compelling fashion. Demonstrated ability to capture knowledge and communicate main messages in knowledge briefs and policy notes, as well as power point presentations for high level audiences.
Ability to work in a collaborative way, delivering cross-support and building relationships around a common goal.
Knowledge of the political economy and institutional context in Indonesia is desirable.
The candidate is required to have the following core competencies:
Knowledge and Experience in Development Arena:
Understands policy making process and the role of own sector of expertise in that process. Able to find relevant information/data and examine similar policy questions in multiple regions and to distill operationally relevant recommendations/lessons from this analysis for clients.
Policy Dialogue Skills:
Identifies and assesses policy issues and communicates findings/points of view verbally and through reports and papers. Plays an active role in the dialogue with the government and/or other stakeholders as part of Bank teams.
Social Protection Knowledge and Experience:
Has strong operational and/or analytical skills. Has experience working with economic and institutional issues related to social protection sufficient to contribute to the evaluation, design, and/or implementation of social protection programs.
Is working to develop a broader view across all facets of current sector. Understands core issues and knows where to get additional expertise when needed. Task team member in integrative products and provides analytical written inputs.
Lead and Innovate:
Contributes new insights to understand situations and develops solutions to resolve complex problems. Adapts as circumstances require and manages impact of own behavior on others in context of WBG’s values and mission. Identifies and pursues innovative approaches to resolve issues.
Deliver Results for Clients:
Adds value by constantly looking for a better way to get more impactful results; sets challenging stretch goals for oneself. Immerses oneself in client experiences and perspective by asking probing questions to understand unmet needs. Demonstrates accountability for achieving results that have a development impact and financial, environmental and social sustainability. Identifies and proposes solutions to mitigate and manage risks.
Collaborate Within Teams and Across Boundaries:
Appropriately involves others in decision making and communicates with key stakeholders. Approaches conflicts as common problems to be solved. Actively seeks and considers diverse ideas and approaches displaying a sense of mutuality and respect. Integrates WBG perspective into work.
Create, Apply and Share Knowledge:
Leverages department’s expertise and body of knowledge across WBG to strengthen internal and/or external client solutions. Seeks to learn from more experienced staff to deepen or strengthen their professional knowledge and helps others to learn. Builds personal and professional networks inside and outside the department unit.
Make Smart Decisions:
Seeks diversity of information and inputs, researches possible solutions, and generates recommended options. Identifies and understands risks and proposes recommendations. Based on risk analysis makes decisions in a timely manner within own area of responsibility, considering the interests and concerns of stakeholders.
Untuk mengirimkan lamaran ini secara online, silakan klik pada link bertuliskan Apply Click Here atau Apply This Job di bagian bawah info lowongan ini. Semoga Anda mendapatkan karir impian Anda….!
- Your application will be kept as strictly confidential
- Only short-listed candidates will be invited for selection and interview