Save the Children Loker RFP: Baseline Study of CERDAS Project November 2015
RFP: Baseline Study of CERDAS Project Save the Children
Save the Children memberikan persyaratan, ketentuan dan spesifikasi pekerjaan sebagai RFP: Baseline Study of CERDAS Project yang akan ditempatkan di Jakarta
Dibawah ini rincian lengkap persyaratan, spesifikasi lowongan pekerjaan, jadwal wawancara dan alamat serta kontak (email / nomor telepon) perusahaan pembuka Lowongan.
Save the Children
Fri, 06 Nov 2015 15:56:56 GMT
Terms of Reference (TOR)
Baseline Study of CERDAS Project
Save the children works in education to day focuses on promoting holistic improvements at many levels in the education system to ensure that all Indonesian children can build strong educational foundations to fulfill their potential. We expand access to pre-primary (ECCE), improve the quality of primary and Jr. Secondary schooling, and improve access to quality vocational education for youth. School health and nutrition activities are an important aspect of our work, as they promote appropriate learning environments and student health to improve student attendance, and support education quality.
Program Background and Information
Many children, particularly those in disadvantaged areas of Eastern Indonesia, are not learning in school due to the low quality of education they receive. Save the Children’s early-grade literacy assessments show that 60-70% of second grade students from poor, rural areas of West Timor Island in the Nusa Tenggara Timor (NTT) province cannot read a single word.
Through CERDAS project, we will reach 12,600 children in 60 Primary Schools and 1,800 children in 60 ECE centers. We will build the capacities of 60 school principals and 60 ECE managers, 30 school supervisors, 240 school committee members, 600 primary school and 180 ECE teachers and 240 youth volunteers. CERDAS will work with 9,600 parents, 240 ECE committee members, and will build the capacities of 20 local government officials to plan and deliver quality education services.
Improve education and human development for children and communities in Malaka and Timor Tengah Utara (TTU), NTT in order to achieve sustainable economic development
ECE centers and primary schools refurbished and learning environments enhanced
- # of ECCE centers with improvements to physical infrastructure by the end of the Activity
- # of schools with books distributed through book bank
- # of schools with print rich environment grades 1 – 6
- # of schools equipped with drinking water tap
- # of schools with reading buddies
ECE and primary teachers are trained and being mentored through training and monitoring
- # of ECE teachers from targeted ECEs are trained in children development and ECE curriculum
- # of school supervisors and principals trained in school based management
- # of primary school teachers trained on positive discipline
- # of primary school teachers trained on Literacy Boost strategy
- # of monitoring and mentoring conducted by school supervisors (master trainers) in an academic year
Training and management support provided to parents and communities to participate in ECE and primary school activities
- # of parents or community members receiving training on the importance of early childhood education
- # of schools conducting meetings with parents of community members (at least one every year)
- # of School Management Committee (SMC) established or strengthened
- # of children participated in reading camp
Meeting/capacity development and advocacy undertaken with district/ provincial officials
- % of targeted ECEs visited by a school supervisor during the past three months
- # of regular coordination meeting with district and provincial officials
- # of advocacy activities taken to increase budget allocation on teacher training
- # of advocacy activities conducted at community/village level
- # of mini university events conducted
This project will be implemented in Malaka 30 ECE centres and Timor Tengah Utara District 30 ECE centres, in total of 60 ECCE centers and 60 primary schools. Target schools for first two years implemented in Malaka District as below.
Baseline study aims to have an initial description of schools and ECE centers in terms of access and quality (focusing on distinct needs of boys and girls), community participation and government support for education. Baseline data collection will focus on the initial values for the indicators, complemented by qualitative information that may help explain those values.
The key research questions to be explored in this study include:
This study will combine quantitative and qualitative study. Quantitative study aims to quantify information about attitudes, opinion, behaviors, and other defined variables. Qualitative study is more exploratory.
Several respondents will be identified as a source of information for baseline study. Those respondents will include:
BE: school principals, teachers, school committees.
The consultant shall provide:
Applicants must provide a detailed financial proposal that covers the following items and includes a narrative on the assumptions behind their estimates:
- Salaries. Includes personnel for technical assistance, data collection, data entry and analysis (e.g. staff, interviewers, supervisors and drivers).
- Daily costs for lodging, meals, and incidental expenses during training and during fieldwork; mode of transportation; vehicle rental; gas (breakdown items).
- Printing. Includes survey questionnaires, interview guides, and final reports.
- Communications (e.g. telephone, fax).
- Supplies. Includes paper, pens, and other materials for fieldwork.
- Training costs.
A Save the Children International-Indonesia team will review and evaluate proposals received on their technical merit and cost estimates.
Save the Children will evaluate proposals based on the following general criteria: institutional capacity/institutional credentials; technical proposal; comprehensiveness – demonstrating a complete understanding of the SOW and all aspects of the technical design; and cost estimates; – assessing cost estimates against the implementation plan.
SUBMISSION OF PROPOSAL
You can send an electronic copy of your proposal and power point presentation material to:
with a subject: BASELINE CERDAS 2015 – , with the latest date 15
November 2015, before 4 pm Jakarta Time.
Please do not send after this date.
Location: TTU & Malaka, Indonesia
Contract – Part-Time
Sunday 15 November 2015
All jobs close at midnight UK time on the date specified
Know anyone else who might be interested in this job?
Why not share it with them?
Follow us on Twitter
- Contact Us
- What We Do
Save the Children International is a company limited by guarantee, registered in England and Wales with company number 3732267 and a charity registered in England and Wales with charity number 1076822. Its registered office is St Vincent House, 30 Orange Street, London, WC2H 7HH.
Untuk mengirimkan lamaran ini secara online, silakan klik pada link bertuliskan Apply Click Here atau Apply This Job di bagian bawah info lowongan ini. Semoga Anda mendapatkan karir impian Anda….!
- Your application will be kept as strictly confidential
- Only short-listed candidates will be invited for selection and interview